Winter activities in La Rosière
In our chalet:
Free activities: aquagym, Pilates and stretching
In la Rosière:
Crossing borders: La Rosière is the only resort in Savoie to boast an international ski area thanks to its liaison with the Italian resort of La Thuile in the Aosta Valley. Boasting over 150 km of slopes, the Espace San Bernardo invites you to glide across the border between France and Italy, overlooked by some of Europe’s most prestigious peaks: Mont Blanc, Dent du Géant, Grandes Jorasses, the Matterhorn…
Heliskiing: Set off on an adventure down the virgin slopes of the Ruitor glacier after a magical helicopter ride…
Cross-country skiing: A quiet 5 km cross-country skiing trail is accessible from Les Eucherts.
Torchlight descent: Every Monday, skiers are invited to take part in a torchlight descent down a blue slope (ages 6 and over, 1 Star/Intermediate level and above). The torchlight descent is followed by a spectacular ski show courtesy of the ESF’s instructors.
Slalom race: Every Thursday, you can represent Le Panoramic in the San Bernardo Trophy, a fun and laid-back giant slalom race for the whole resort. Aline and Marina wait at the finish with a well-deserved tot of Génépi for all of their team members! Le Panoramic came second overall in 2017, so a big “thank you” to anyone who took part! Come and help us win in 2018!
Skiing, snowboarding, off-piste, ski touring, speed-riding and paragliding tuition are also available.
For non-skiers and pedestrians:
Snowshoeing: Snowshoe walking is suitable for everyone, and the resort has a selection of guides offering programmes that range from sedate to more energetic outings.
Footpaths: If you fancy a relaxing walk in the fresh mountain air, head out for a stroll along one of the resort’s many marked and groomed footpaths. You can also take a ride on a chairlift for breathtaking views of Mont Blanc!
Après ski activities: A bowling alley, cinema, ice rink, bars and restaurants will keep you entertained in the evenings! For more information about evening entertainment, please visit www.larosiere.net
What’s so great about La Rosière? We have ample snow cover coupled with brilliant sunshine! At Christmas time, the resort is bathed in sunlight from 9am to 5pm!
Sports and activities for your children to enjoy in the ski resort of La Rosière 1850 during your skiing holiday in the French Alps.
What sports can kids do in a ski resort?
La Rosière is a certified resort approved for families
For toddlers, the baby club is open to children aged 18 months to 3 years. Les Galopins kids’ club offers indoor and outdoor games for children under 4: sledging, playing in the snow, building snowmen, throwing snowballs and getting used to the snow before they can learn to ski.
Ski lessons + Kids’ Club
For children aged 3 to 12 years. Group skiing lessons followed by childcare at Les Galopins kids’ club, so that parents can go off skiing safe in the knowledge that their child is having fun skiing and playing in resort.
Can my kids go sledging?
There is a cordoned-off sledging area right by Le Panoramic, next to the chairlift in Les Eucherts.
What about snowshoeing?
For a more sedate way to enjoy the mountains, strap on your snow shoes and search for foot prints and mountain animals: foxes, hares and squirrels can all be spotted along the Petit Trappeur forest trail, which can be followed on snowshoes, or alongside any of the resort’s other footpaths.
Summer Activities in la Rosière
The resort’s professionals offer a wide range of sporting and cultural activities, allowing you to enjoy the mountains in safety:
- Downhill and cross-country mountain biking or cycle touring around the legendary mountain passes that have featured in the Tour De France: Petit St Bernard pass, the Iseran pass above Val d’Isère, La Madelaine pass, Cormet de Roselend, cycling up to Les Arcs, La Plagne, etc.
- Horse-riding and pony rides
- Paragliding over the valley with views of Mont Blanc
- 9-hole FFG-approved golf course with spectacular views over the Haute Tarentaise valley
- 2 tennis courts, archery
- White water sports, including canyoning, rafting, riverboarding, etc.
- Trout fishing in the mountain lakes and torrents
Cultural trips around La Rosière:
- Trip to the Petit St Bernard pass to learn about the history of this important cross-border area between France and Italy.
- Tour of the villages and chapels of Montvalezan, to learn about the traditions and daily life of mountain folk
- Fort de la Redoute: perched high above the commune with magnificent views over the Italian border, visit the ruined fort that is located at an altitude of 2,300 m and was an important Second World War stronghold.
- Coach trip to the Aosta Valley on Tuesdays and Courmayeur on Wednesdays with a local heritage guide
- Painting workshops with Colette: learn how to paint on wood, paint Alpine flowers, cockerels and mountain landscapes.
- bowling alley,
- ice rink with ice hockey matches held every Wednesday evening!
In La Rosière, Les Galopins kids’ club welcomes children aged between 3 and 12 years and is FREE OF CHARGE in summer!!
Le Club des Galopins: free childcare and activities 3 times per week, plus a selection of payable activities.
Nestled in the forest in a cordoned-off garden, Les Galopins kids’ club invites your children to take part in a host of outdoor activities, which include a bike park, slides and a trampoline. They can also play badminton, table tennis, try their hand at archery, or do some arts and crafts.
Activities available with the kids’ club:
- pony rides
- ride on the chairlift and picnic at the Fort
- treasure hunt at the Plan de l’Arc leisure area
- mountain biking on the bike park
Trampoline in Le Panoramic garden
Outdoor leisure area just 200m from Le Panoramic with a football pitch, children’s climbing wall, swings, pétanque ground, astro-turf court, skate park, picnic area complete with barbecues and tables, and a natural stream for hours of fun!